Sunday, December 31, 2006

A lot of rock


The other day I was sitting on the balcony, having a beer, when I decided that the 3 palms next to the pool had to go. They were ugly, provided no shade and were blocking the view. So I got up and in a couple of minutes I chopped them down. I then spent 2 days digging out the roots.

This patch of garden became my new holiday project. It was time to do some landscaping.

We went up to Australian Natural Landscapes to get a few bags of pepples to cover the patch of garden. The guy told us that it was $30 a bag and we needed 8! There was no way we were going to pay that much for rocks. He then said that we could get 1/2 Ton of river rocks for $30 (because we had the trailer). So next thing we knew, there was a front end loader dumping a mass of rocks on the trailer.

The only problem with this was that I then had to spend the rest of the day carrying the rocks, a bucket at a time, down all the stairs to pool. 2 days later and I am still sore.

But it was worth it, as the garden now looks a lot better.

No comments: