Sunday, January 14, 2007

An age to remember


James turned 4 on Friday! Wow he is growing up fast.

Four has always been a significant age to me because most of my earliest memories are from when I was 4. I think it is probably because a lot of memorable events happened to me during that age, like starting school, starting ballooning and my grandfather dying. I probably remember events earlier than 4, but these milestones give time relevance to memories. We had a pretty full on year last year (Japan, America and moving house), so I wonder if James will remember these things.

One thing that has made me very happy is that James (thanks to some nice birthday presents) has discovered the joys of Lego. He is not ready to start building things, but he really enjoys playing with it.

2 comments:

unique_stephen said...

I'm adamant that at 2 years old Annalise is ready for Lego Mind Storms and building programmable robots.

Donkey said...

Nice photo Andy.