Monday, March 12, 2007

Back flying again.

The flying season has officially started again. On Thursday afternoon, we packed up the car and headed down to Benalla (Victoria) , with a stop over night at Binalong. Why Benalla? Well that is where the Nationals are going to be in July. I hadn't been ballooning at Benalla since I was 15 in 1990, so I thought it would be worth scoping it out before the Nationals.

It was a very hot weekend (mid 30s), so we only got to fly Saturday and Sunday mornings. Both flights were very enjoyable and all up managed to get about 3 hours of flying time.

The big thing about the weekend was that I flew our 77 for the first time in nearly a year. Last year I managed to put a few holes in it on a tree and hadn't bothered getting it fixed as I had been flying the Kavanagh EX-65 leading up to and during the worlds. It was certainly different flying the lumpy 77 again. I definitely need to do a bit of flying in it before the Nationals.

It was a great weekend. I am now getting excited about the Nationals.

No comments: