Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Finally a better morning!


Finally I had a flight that I felt pretty good about. We had 5 tasks this morning and my estimated results were as follows:

PDG - 87m
JDG - 15m (about)
FON - 350m (not so good)
JDG - 15m (about)
FON - 92m

After sitting on the launch field for an hour waiting for the green flag (due to fog in the river valley), I took off mid field and kept to left of the pack for a fair distance. This paid off when I got to the first PDG because most people were struggling to stay left when they got to the river, where the drainage was cranking along at about 8 knots to the right.

I then stuck in the river and did well on the 2 JDGs. I didnt do so well on the FON, but needed to sacrifice it (as my result was not going to be too good anyway) to keep on track for the second JDG. This worked and I scored quite well on the JDG. I must say it is nice to see targets close up (finally). The final FON was a bit too far to the right, so it was a bit of a struggle to get across to it.

So all in all, a good morning. I am finally feeling like I am on top of things and in the groove.

Last night we had a FIN and a FON out at Haga. Sean and I sat up at 5500 feet for most of the flight (next time I think we will both take jumpers...it was a bit cold up there in just a t-shirt). My FIN result was in the bottom half of the pack (around 260m). The FON was a bit better, placing just above the median at 183m.

So as of last night I have moved up a few places to 56th. I am hoping this morning will have a big impact (in a positive way) to my standing.

Bring on this afternoon.

1 comment:

witch said...

Well done Andrew. Looking forward to seeing the placings.

Fly safe