Friday, November 17, 2006

Finally in the air


Excuse me if my spelling is average. I am sitting in the back of the van, driving to the competition centre to register for the event.

We finally got in the air. It seems like it has been a long journey to get to this point, but I (flying solo) had a stunning flight out of the Twing Ring race track this morning. I managed to drop a couple of practice markers (one under 5 metres) and fly over a few practice goals. So I am feeling good about how I am performing at this stage.

Yesterday morning was too foggy to fly. A few people waited around for a couple of hours for the fog to clear, but we really did not feel the need to do that, as we had plenty of logistical things to do (e.g. going to a bank, eating etc.). The afternoon was then too windy to fly.

Our accommodation is fantastic. We have 3 small houses between Sean's and our team. So the Robertsons can sleep in one, the Kavanaghs can sleep in the other and the others can not sleep (i.e. drink and dance to the music from a laptop) in the other.

James is doing really well. He is doing a lot of sleeping in the car and in various restuarants.

So all in all, things are going really well and spirits are very high. Competition starts in 2 days, so hopefully we will continue that way.

No comments: